Attention Violin Students, of ALL AGES…
“Why You Will NEVER lack for ‘Top-Drawer’ Instruction Again”
Excerpt from Allegro Players Monthly DVD program with Clayton Haslop
“Introducing a Revolutionary Program for Lower-Intermediate Violinists that Dramatically Improves Playing, and Triples Satisfaction – and You Needn’t Leave the Comfort of Your Living Room!”
Two years ago I began taking time away from my career as one of Hollywood’s top film recording artists – if you heard the violin solos in Ratatouille, Titanic, or A Beautiful Mind, you were listening to me. I’ve played on over 1000 motion picture scores and even now I lead the orchestra from the concertmaster chair in many films.
To be clear, it wasn’t my desire to pursue a career as a touring artist – I’ve been there and done that. No, I wanted to use the medium of film, and specifically digital technology, to deliver quality violin instruction to a vast, underserved group of players.
So just a few months later, in July of 2007, Violin Mastery was launched with the release of a four volume instructional DVD course on all 42 Etudes of Rudolphe Kreutzer.
Now as you know, every father has certain ‘bragging rights’. So perhaps you’ll indulge me when I add that Kreutzer for Violin Mastery has since gone on to become a best-seller, used by hundreds of violinists and teachers on 7 continents.
“It just wouldn’t be right not to share with you the happiness I experienced with my violin practice today. I can’t believe the difference in my playing since I got your Beginner’s Circle DVD’s.“The lessons floored me. I can’t believe the things you covered. You went over all the things I needed. No other violin teacher has ever covered the basics like you do.
“In the whole 5 years I’ve been playing, I’ve never felt confident, or in control of my playing, finger placements, etc. I can’t believe what I’ve acquired in such a short time with you. You are the greatest, thanks so much!”
Villa Rica, Georgia
But I didn’t stop there. And today my courses extend to Paganini Caprices, Bach’s E Major Preludio, and Kreisler’s Praeludium and Allegro.
But even these are not the full story of Violin Mastery. Just six months ago I rolled out a truly one-of-a-kind monthly series called The Beginner’s Circle. Participants in this program look forward to weekly lessons delivered right into the living room DVD player – or laptop, in some cases. Needless to say, it’s been quite a ride.
But hang on, it’s what comes next that you really want to see.
Violin Mastery Is Set to Do It Again
You see I’ve received many, many emails and phone calls from folks caught in the middle. They’re not beginners, they’re not at the level to tackle the Kreutzer Etudes, and they certainly aren’t about to break their fingers in on Paganini Caprices. At least not THIS year!
“Can you come out with a program for LOWER intermediate players?” they’ve asked.
Well, I’m finally giving them the right answer. And since I know this will make a lot of violinists happy, I’m calling my new monthly series the Violin Mastery Allegro Players (Allegro comes from the Italian word allegre – to make happy).
Who is a Good Candidate for the Allegro Players?
For the answer to this, consider the following:
- Have you played for at least 18 months to two years?
- Are you familiar with the first three positions on the violin?
- Do you have some familiarity with double stop playing?
- Can you read music in treble clef fairly comfortably?
- Are you somewhat practiced in fundamental bow strokes, such as martelé, detaché, and spiccato?
- And could you benefit from improvement in the areas I’ve just mentioned?
- Do you aspire to play with greater ease, a more beautiful tone, and with greater musicality than you do at present?
- Are you anxious to INCREASE your technique, learn the upper positions, and acquire the secret of velocity?
- Would you also enjoy playing the REAL compositions of Schubert, Mozart, Bach, Kreisler, and the other great composers of classical music?
- And finally – are you CRAZY about the violin, and do you want to be the best violinist you can possibly be?
If yes has been your answer to more than a couple of these, then you’re exactly the type of player I’m inviting into the Allegro Players.
“I own both your Kreutzer and the Bach/Kreisler DVDs and I just have to tell you one more time how fantastic it is to have these phenomenal tools at my disposal.
“Not only did your DVDs and email advice enable me to perform the Praeludium and Allegro better than I ever have, but I have been able to consistently improve upon my performance! I had to play it at church about a month and a half after the initial performance and I got a huge standing ovation, something that I have almost NEVER gotten playing classical music.
“Anyway, please consider this email as kudos to you. Thank you for the invaluable work that you are doing.”
St. Louis, Missouri
What Comes With Your Subscription to Violin Mastery’s Allegro Players
- At the core of the program are the DVDs sent to you each month containing 4 weekly lessons. In these I not only assign music, etudes, and exercises, I explain each new technique found in them in great detail. And I follow each explanation with demonstrations, first slowly and then at progressively faster tempos. Often there will be opportunities to play along with me, so you can check your intonation and execution against mine.
- With the DVD you will receive notes summarizing all the teaching points covered in the DVD. These can be used as ‘quick reference’ guides after you’ve watched a DVD a few times and need only brief reminders of the points made.
- You will receive music marked with my personal fingerings and bowings matching all my demonstrations and performances.
- And lastly, I will include a CD of piano accompaniments created expressly for the Allegro Players, which you can play along with to further enjoy your progress.
And to Think, All This At a Fraction the Cost of Private Instruction!
When I said at the outset that you would get dramatic improvements in your playing, and that you would triple your satisfaction, I wasn’t joking. It is my pledge to you.
And what I ask in return is almost laughable. For an introductory period only, I am offering the program, with the monthly DVD, the music, the written notes, and CD of piano accompaniments, for just
$72.99 $58.37 per month.
All the Best,
P.S. There are essentially three kinds of players in this world. The first are those that have no drive to improve, don’t particularly care what they sound like, and are just satisfied scratching out a few tunes for their own enjoyment.
Number two, there are the players who want to improve, but only think they can do it through the traditional formula of weekly visits to an all-too-often self-proclaimed ‘authority.’
But it’s you in the third group I’m going to serve. The independent, self-learner types that have a brain, and yet recognize the need for quality guidance in learning a highly nuanced skill.